NEWS ABOUT ARTS & CULTURE EVENTS IN WESTERN QUEENS, INCLUDING ASTORIA, LONG ISLAND CITY, HUNTERS POINT & SUNNYSIDE. PRESENTED BY CULTURE LAB LIC
BRING BACK LAUGHS!
MONDAY, AUGUST 3, 7:00pm: COMEDY is back at CULTURE LAB LIC (Map)
BRING BACK LAUGHS, the best standup in Long Island City, outdoors, with...
• SEAN PATTON (Host)
• MARK NORMAND
• DULCE SLOAN
• JESSICA KIRSON
• BONNIE McFARLANE
Admission: Pay what you can afford! Social Distancing guidelines observed. Masks are mandatory. Bring something to sit on. Beer, Wine and Food on sale on site. (Proceeds from food & drink sales go to charity.)
Special thanks to PLAXALL INC for the space and support. Talent Management: LISA CHARLES. Thanks for making the music happen! https://www.instagram.com/lisacharlesphotos/
Culture Lab's outdoor comedy events are produced in association with REBECCA TRENT and THE CREEK AND THE CAVE, the popular bar/cafe on Jackson Avenue in LIC, serving up Mexican fare, comedy, film screenings and live music...
AV production provided by FORREST SOUND & VISION. Big thank you to GLEN FORREST and team for making it all sound great! Recording and audio support - GB'S JUKE JOINT...
Culture Lab LIC is proud to present an ongoing series of Summer Music & Comedy Events, Thursday through Monday, every week in The Plaxall Gallery parking lot. (Map)
These events are FREE!
Social Distancing guidelines observed. Masks are mandatory. Bring something to sit on. Beer, Wine and Food on sale on site. (Proceeds from food & drink sales go to charity.)
THIS WEEKS SCHEDULE:
• THURSDAY, JULY 30, 6:00pm: THE 41 PLAYERS, celebrating the music of New Orleans from Louis Armstrong through The Meters, making stops along the way!
• SATURDAY, AUGUST 1, 6:00pm: KING CRASH (Jonathan Salas, Jack Redford, Ryan Shivdasani) performs dynamic original music with elements of 60’s Psych, Fusion, Funk & Jazz!
• SUNDAY, AUGUST 2, 6:00pm: THE TERRAZA BIG BAND, a Grammy-nominated, 18-piece ensemble based in Queens, NY, performing a repertoire of original music described by the New York Times as “soaring, self-propelling original compositions." Co-led by Michael Thomas and Edward Perez, and born out of Elmhurst's Terraza 7.
• MONDAY, AUGUST 3: Yes, we're adding COMEDY MONDAYS! Stay tuned for more info!
Brawlik at Culture Lab LIC, Sunday, July 26.
Queensboro Dance Festival 2020 Performances in The Plaxall Gallery Lot
Saturday, August 8, 6:00 – 7:00pm
The 2020 Queensboro Dance Festival season has been virtual, semi-live, live-streamed, and now in-person for a limited audience!
Featuring a vibrant line-up of all Queens-based dance companies of diverse cultures and styles, QDF is an annual summer tour of performances and classes throughout indoor and outdoor venues across Queens neighborhood.
• Sheep Meadow Dance Theater (from LIC)
• Barbara Mahler's Dances (from Jackson Heights)
• Greek American Folklore Society (from Astoria)
• Omar Edwards| ExQuisite Chill (from Jamaica)
• The Kingdom Dance Company (from Rosedale)
• NK&D/ a movement company (from Astoria)
Gotham Dance Theater (from Sunnyside)
• Cole Collective (from Astoria)
Charity Live Performance Series
THursday Thru Sunday, 6PM at THE PLAXALL GALLERY
Live music, performance art, craft beer and local food in The Plaxall Gallery's huge parking lot on the waterfront with all proceeds going to charity.
Culture Lab LIC has moved its performance series outside where there's plenty of room for social distancing.
Each night, a different performance... From a jazz trio to a blues band... Stand-up comedy to a six-piece orchestra.
Check out our Instagram or Facebook for who's playing. But does it really matter? You're outside, the drinks are cold, you can sit by the water with a great view of the Manhattan skyline. Walk the beautiful waterfront park and check out the other local restaurants and breweries. So much going on.
All profits go to support the arts and community center which supports dozens of other nonprofits by providing space and technical support.
Read More: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/charity-live-performance-series-tickets-112362350816
The Western Queens Arts & Culture Newsletter is presented by Culture Lab LIC at The Plaxall Gallery